This happens to be the highest level question of this century: Who am I? This century is battling it out, struggling with IDENTITY issues.
Many have decided to derive their identity from:
- what they do (occupation, employment);
- what they have studied (profession, career);
- what they can do best (area of expertise, talent, gifting);
- what others have said about them (compliments);
- where they come from (geographical origin, place of birth, clan, tribe, etc;
- what they believe in;
- what they value as important (status, money, fame, relationships, salvation).
Others have decided to tag their identity onto religion, politics, education, or societal notions.
But the solid question again stands before them, glaringly shouting, “WHO ARE YOU?”
This is my take: You will NEVER know WHO you are until you come to terms with WHOSE you REALLY are!