You wish to have people in your life that you can rely on. But are you such a person on whom others can rely? You wish to work with people who are trustworthy. But can you too be trusted? Do you have integrity in your life?
To have INTEGRITY means:
- You’re whole and undivided in values and conduct.
- Your outside matches the inside.
- Your actions complete your words.
- There’s no double-mindedness or duplicity in your character.
- You do the right thing because you know it’s right.
- You do the right thing regardless of personal cost involved.
- You do the right thing even when it is beneficial to compromise.
- You do the right thing regardless of what others are doing.
- You act the same, from one situation to another.
- You’ve integrated your life around a set of principles.
- The way you are in church is the way you’re at work, at home or when you’re alone.
- You’re honest and an accountable stewards.
Whenever we talk of Financial crisis, Leadership crisis, Political instability, moral decadence, Weak institutions, etc, I believe that we are actually talking about INTEGRITY crisis.
A life of integrity is the way to go. “The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out” – Proverbs 19:9. “Whoever walks in integrity will be delivered, but he who is crooked in his ways will suddenly fall” – Proverbs 28:18 (ESV).
Be a leader credited for a life of INTEGRITY.