This morning, I quickly turned on the TV to catch a quick glimpse of the Morning News before I go to make things happen today. The reporter who was talking about the story of the Late Archbishop Janan Luwum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janani_Luwum), said: “Janan Luwum was killed in the regime of Idi Amin Dada” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idi_Amin). That statement made me to remember another statement we often hear and sometimes recite: “Jesus suffered under Pontius Pilate” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontius_Pilate).
On second thought, I was made to reflect on the important issue of one’s reputation – the record one has, what one is remembered for whenever their name is spoken. So, today, think: What will be said about YOU? Will it be this?
- The bank collapsed when Mr.X was the MD.
- The church compromised when Pastor Y was in office.
- The family disintegrated when Mr.Z became heir after the death of their father.
- The business collapsed when Mr.D took over as CEO.
- The NGO lost a lot of money when Mrs.G was appointed Finance Officer.
- The cooperatives died when Mrs.J was President.
Therefore, let your record be a healthier one. Work on it today. Be known for positive things. Come clean where things have gone wrong. Be remembered for society-transforming programs and processes. Be known for touching lives and impacting multitudes. Let your name be tagged unto what is beneficial. Let it be something like this:
- The bank rose to great financial prominence when Mr.X was the MD.
- The church stood for Truth when Pastor Y was in office.
- The family gained even a deeper bond and cooperation when Mr.Z became heir after the death of their father.
- The business grew and expanded to new countries when Mr.D took over as CEO.
- The NGO improved its operations and leveraged the available money to produce greater results when Mrs.G was appointed Finance Officer.
- The cooperatives resurrected and boomed to alleviate poverty in all regions of the country when Mrs.J was President.
Be known for what is beneficial.
To your success,
“Inspiring transformational, exemplary and authentic leadership worldwide.”
Samuel A. Bakutana is Africa’s foremost Leadership, Business and Education Consultant; Motivational Key-note Speaker; and Personal Development Author of 8 books. He gave 98 invigorating talks in 2012, 164 in 2013, 191 in 2014, and has already given 5 inspiring presentations ever since the year begun (January 1-12, 2015). Follow Samuel A. Bakutana on: Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Samuel-A-Bakutana-Leadership-Expert-Motivational-Speaker-and-Author/563444270356475), Twitter (https://twitter.com/amutusam), LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=250332707&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile_pic), Skillpages (http://www.skillpages.com/samuel-a.bakutana) or blog (www.excellentleading.wordpress.com). To book him for your next event, send an email now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +256782163416 for immediate feedback. You are blessed beyond measure; so fly like an eagle!