There are losses, storms pains in life. But there are opportunities too! They are all over the place, all around us, for all of us. We need to learn to progressively “make the most of every opportunity”, “make the best use of the time” (on earth, at work, etc), “take advantage of every opportunity” and “redeem (Greek ‘exagorazo’ – buy back) the time (kairos)” that is already lost. Sweat a little more. Plan a little more. Strategize a little more.
Do you know that you’re personally accountable for every opportunity you utilize or lose. Life is such that we’re accountable for our actions and inaction. Helen Steiner Rice once said, “Time is not measured by the years we live, but the deeds we do and the joys we give.”
To give much joy to yourself, the people around you, and the generations to come, start to utilize – in fact MAXIMIZE – your opportunities. Here are just 7 ways how:
- 1. Stop excuses; take action. “Make the best use of your time despite all the difficulties of these days.”
- Utilize every day well: “Instead of counting your days, make your days count.” Today is the only cash you have. Use it wisely.
- Stop spending time; start investing it. Invest your time where there is a high ROI (Return On Investment) – on things with eternal significance.
- Put in more than 100%! “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might for there is no work down there in the grave where you are going!”
- Act with a sense of urgency: “Grab every opportunity that presents itself.” Like H.E. David Son Of Jesse prayed (Book of Psalm 90:12), pray thus: “Teach me to number my our days that I may act with a heart of wisdom”
- Begin here and now: Where you are is your place of power. Do not wait for a larger opportunity or another job elsewhere. Whatever you plan to do tomorrow can’t compensate for what you are not doing today. So, just begin from wherever you are NOW… and build momentum going forward.
- Keep your eyes open! Don’t let any moment pass you by without utilizing it. Listen to relevant Radio stations, TV programs, Newspapers, etc and keep informed on the available opportunities (Of course you can CREATE your own opportunities too. You do not have to wait for whatever is already clear, vivid and public!)
Maximize the following opportunities:
- Your Mind: Let your way of thinking be supportive, positive and constructive.
- Your Relationships: Let the way you deal with people be not manipulative and exploitative but profitable, value-adding and progress-producing.
- Your Talents and gifts: Your gift is what makes room for you and sits you with great men and women – and makes you one of them too! Maximize your natural endowments and God-given abilities that come easily to you. Discover, develop and deploy them.
We are not here forever. Let’s make the best of every opportunity.
Kindly let me know what you think about this. Just remember, #YouWillManage. Let us keep “Inspiring transformational, exemplary and authentic leadership worldwide.”
| Live | Love | Lead |
Samuel A. Bakutana is Africa’s foremost Leadership, Business and Education Consultant; Inspirational Key-note Speaker; and Personal Development Author of 10 books (the 11th comes out this month). As a regular Inspirational Keynote Public Speaker on national and international platforms, he delivered 98 electrifying talks in 2012, 164 in 2013, 191 in 2014, 171 in 2015, and he already given more than 75 inspirational, high-impact presentations between January and May 2016 to a diversity of result-oriented audiences in public and private sectors – e.g. faith centres, education institutions, government, multi-national NGOs, etc! Follow Samuel A. Bakutana on:Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/amutusam) , Twitter (https://www.twitter.com/SamuelBakutana), LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/samuel-a-bakutana-56ba046b?trk=hp-identity-name), Skillpages (http://www.skillpages.com/samuel-a.bakutana) or blog (www.excellentleading.wordpress.com). To book him for your next event, send an email now to email@example.com or call +256782163416 for immediate feedback. You are blessed beyond measure; so fly like an eagle!